Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Top Flower Colors for 2010

I attended my garden club in Nampa a few weeks ago and wore a new bright orange red Ann Klein jacket that I had scored at the thrift store for $4. I received several compliments on it from my Garden Club friends. I then visited a new garden center and the lady there raved about my jacket and the color of it - she said that the latest fashion colors and the latest flower colors of the season go hand in hand and that my jacket was one of the hot colors for flowers this spring! I walked out to the car and passed by a lady who commented to me, "Nice Jacket!" Wow did I feel like a hot flower child! Four or five compliments within a couple hours! I am attending a container planting class tomorrow on flowers that attract butterflies - I think I'll wear my new jacket again and see if I blend in with the colors used in the pot (whoever heard of red orange camouflage) or see if a Monarch butterfly lands on me looking for something to eat! I'll let you know what happens........

5 comments:

  1. I wanna see it! You make everything look adorable! Maybe we can come see you next week... if you aren't busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome! Hal works Weds., Thurs., Fri. so we could make a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to borrow your jacket then walk around singing, "Fat guy in a little coat. Fat guy in a little coat!" I wonder if I would get compliments . . .?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably - it is so awesome it would look good on a post! Ha Ha "post" get it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete