Thursday, September 16, 2010

" A Pocket Full of Produce"



"Ring around the rosies, a pocket full of posies (produce), ashes, ashes..... This is one of my favorite nursery rhymes and game to play with little ones.

I always head out to the garden first thing in the morning (or afternoon) depending on when I wake up for the second time (I confess that I get Davis off to school and mostly go back to bed for awhile). Anyhoo, I love to wear my vintage housedresses as they are cooler and as you can see from the picture (quite handy). The pockets work great for carrying various and assorted produce harvested from my garden! If I remember, I do carry out my vintage looking trug to gather the veggies in also as sometimes my pockets are too small! This has been a strange year for gardening - almost everyone has complained of lack of tomatoes (both green and red). My vines don't even have very many tomatoes (the tomatoes that are there are just beginning to ripen)! It has been an unusual year for flowers also - lots of greenery not as many blooms! The petunias form little buds that dry up before they bloom! The good thing about gardening - it is always an adventure and if something doesn't work one year you can try something else the next year! Happy Harvest everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment