Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Am I Insane or Just Plain Crazy?


I can't decide if I am a crazy gardenhead bordering on insane or an insane gardener bordering on crazy! Yesterday I planted the rest of my three vegetable gardens and then Hal and I tilled up our back area around our raised vegetable beds - put down weed barrier - hauled in 1 1/2 yards of shredded bark and spread it all out - we were doing this in the dark until 11:00 p.m. at night! We ran out of wire stakes so I bent wire and made my own. I then got up today and after mopping my kitchen and bathroom floors and doing two loads of laundry and watching my cute great nephew Benjamin for an hour and a half or so.... I then decided to tackle my corner front flowerbed - I completely dug and weeded the whole thing and bought some marked down perennials - I am going to plant a peony and two roses to add to the 3 roses, valerian and lavender already in there and then I have a bunch of other plants to put in! I am dog tired and hopefully will have the energy to complete my project tomorrow! I gardened my little head off so now you can just call me Lissagarden! Get it! ROFL!!! This is a picture of the largest tallest hollyhock I have ever seen - it was at my base house in California - that is one thing I miss about California - the weather is so awesome you can have a full grown garden in one year!

1 comment:

  1. Who can say where madness lies...Perhaps too much sanity is madness....

    ReplyDelete